Dean brings lots of energy, effort and enthusiasm to the Box. He’s always giving 110% and keen to learn and improve on his past efforts. For someone with only 4 months under your belt you have made great strides. Keep it up Dean!
Let’s find out a bit more about what makes Dean tick.
Engineer Officer in the Army, but I work at Whenuapai Air Force Base.
- Length of time doing CrossFit
- What did you do before CrossFit?
I have always been active; I have played rugby my whole life, but have had to give it up due to too many injuries, and of course the Army likes to make me run and do lots of push-ups.
- Greatest CrossFit moment?
Before I started CrossFit, I went to the Mount CrossFit Comp with my wife Kirsten. I was so impressed by the attitude and friendliness of everyone there, that I thought I better become a part of it.
- If you could remove any movement from CrossFit, what would it be?
Double unders. Why is such a simple movement so hard?
- Favourite cheat meal?
Salt and Vinegar Chips with Kiwi Dip
- If you could make up a WOD, what would it be?
It’d be a long one, at least half an hour, and there would be plenty of running, and importantly at least half of it would be outdoors.
- What is something about you that we might not know?
Last January, after 11 years I completed my under-grad degree, and stupidly I have volunteered to start post-grad next week.
- What motivates you during a tough WOD?
Other people working hard around me, makes me want to work hard.
- What’s the biggest change you have noticed since starting CrossFit?
My motivation to train has increased. I now want to go to the box, and rest days annoy me
- What’s one of your CrossFit goals?
10m handstand walk. I like the idea of going to the gym and not just getting better at lifting weights.