This guy’s got one of the biggest heart and tika that I know. He oozes passion, potential and flippin awesomeness and is a great team player. It’s our pleasure to have you on the Athlete Spotlight Emmanuel! Let’s find out a little more about you.
Emmanuel Luis Garcia Balbas
- Length of time doing CrossFit
- Tell us about a day in the life of Eman…
I work during the day as a Technology/IT sales person, and a wannabe athlete at night spending time at CFNH.
- Tell us the story of how you started CrossFit, and your initial thoughts when considering CFNH?
I’ve been interested in CF for a number of years (since 2013) and was at the time training at LM and had a PT, who for the last 6 months prior to joining adjusted my training to reflect CF sessions…. little did I know there’s no right prep for CF. Got there and I remember my first session was full and had David as the coach. LOOOOVED my first session and was hooked (addicted) from day 1. Community was amazing and have been to other boxes before but the atmosphere at CFNH got me hooked!
- What was your first workout, and what was your reaction?
I don’t even remember…I think it was an EMOM and I felt my whole body tingling lying down on the ground and wanted MORE!! J
- If you could make up a WOD, what would it be?
It’d be called BIG BOY! Probably an EMOM of OLYMPIC lifts with a run in between or double unders! J
- Tell us an insider secret that no one would guess about you…
People go for a run to clear their head…. but my ZEN is the KITCHEN! J
- Favourite cheat meal?
Anything pork…preferably deep-fried!!! Or just simple Country Fried Chicken!
- What’s one of your CrossFit goals?
Get to the regionals!